Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Peace Is Not The Absence Of Enemies; Peace Is The Awareness Of God's Presence

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with

you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9 (NKJV)
"And a great windstorm arose, and the waves beat into the boat, so that it was already filling. But He was in the stern,

asleep on a pillow. And they awoke Him and said to Him, 'Teacher, do you not care that we are perishing?'
Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, 'Peace, be still!' and the wind ceased and there was a great calm.

But He said to them, 'Why are you so fearful? How is it that you have no faith?'"
Mark 4:37-40 (NKJV)

"Let's see—hair's looking good, makeup's not smudged, clothes are stylish (no hanging strings), my coat has all the buttons,

and my Bible has no old bulletins sticking out of it. Yep, I guess I'm all set for church, right Lord?" For some reason, no

answer emits from Heaven; in fact, it's as quiet as a church parking lot on Monday morning!

It is a sad fact that far too many individuals attempt to change their life from the outside in. Society has begun to

infiltrate the church with the warped thinking that our circumstances determine our inner peace. That is the farthest thing

from the truth! The life of a believer can only be lived from the inside out.

Our peace is not dependent upon outward circumstances; it is dependent upon the God who dwells within us. Peace can be

defined as 'the inner state of one's heart causing them to be neither unmoved nor shaken by their present circumstances'."

The more we come to understand the presence of God among us, the more Heaven's peace will continue to increase in our hearts.
All of mankind in the world today longs for peace. True peace...the peace Christ gives us, comes through the acknowledgement

of God's presence in the lives of His children.

Daily Confession:
"God will never leave me or forsake me. I am strong and courageous...I will not fear; God is on my side. I have peace for I

acknowledge that God is always present with me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

17 Agustus

  Empat ratus lima puluh tahun masa kolonisasi Empat setengah tahun dalam siksa dan penuh derita Penuh pergolakan demi kedaulatan negeri Akh...